1) Create a brush with the trigger texture with a targetname of woodsplinter. Make it a triggerdamage. Edit the necessary parameters to your liking. Ex) How much damage till it breaks,etc.
2) Make your wood the way it looks BEFORE its broken. (solid). Select your wood and right click> script> brushmodel
3) Connect the triggerdamage to the scriptbrushmodel. Place off to the side.
4) Create wood the way it would look broken. Select your wood and right click> script> brushmodel
5) Select your whole Solid Wood Brushmodel and connect it to Your Broken Wood Brushmodel
6) Place the trigger and brushmodels on top of each other. SINGLE PLAYER MAP ONLY: 7) Exec this script at the start of your level - "maps_wood::main();" in your gsc.
Give the triggerdamage a 'scriptnoteworthy' to wait for a notify to be given before the wood can break example: 'scriptnoteworthy' of 'woodtime' will wait for 'level notify ("wood_time");' before pieces are breakable
So you can wait until a specific spot in your script before the wood is able to be broken.